Here are 7 tips:
- Look for a seller who has good information about their gems and jewellery and can answer any questions you have.
- Look for someone who gives you advice about how to take care of your jewellery.
- Look for someone who gives a complete service – resizing a ring so it fits your finger, and cleaning and repairing jewellery.
- Look for a relaxed and helpful atmosphere in the store with no pressure to buy.
- Ask about a guarantee. A good store will stand behind its products with a money-back guarantee.
- If you are buying a higher-value gemstone (especially a stone over $1000), it should come with an identification card or certificate from a reputable independent testing laboratory.
- Finally, consider recommendations from other customers, for example on independent websites such as Trip Advisor.
At D.Hindley, the independent testing laboratory we use for higher value gemstones is Tokyo Gem Laboratory in Bangkok, which was established over 25 years ago.
We happily offer written guarantees on all our products.
We can resize any of our rings at no extra charge, and we clean and repair jewellery.